Optional Light Mediational Warm up
15 to 30min
5 deep ocean cleansing breaths or Ujjayji.
Creating Prana or life force. Lets release toxins and stuck energy through our blood out our breath. Bringing awareness to our soul and heart.
Breath in your intent and guided wisdom and out to your mind body.
On your next exhale we will say OM meaning Voice of God
(The sound is Ah.Oh.MM)
Take a few moments here to meditate.
Take slow deep breath bring your awareness to this space,
Let’s begin practice
15 to 30 minutes
• Sit as if you had a cat/ dogtail. Nice and tall chest open and shoulders down.
• Take 3 cleansing vitality breaths.
On the last breath let out the sound AAH
• Inhale and open your chest drawing your chest and chin to the sky. On your exhale slowly curl your back sinking in your stomach drawing energy in. Continue following your breath for a 10 sitted cat Marjaryasana and cow Bitilasana.
• Circle your upperbody like the rounding of riding the tcups at Disneyland. 10 small rounded Kundalini circles to the right and then to your left.
• When you are ready slowly walk your hands to the front of your mat leaning your chest forward and take a few gentle breaths. For countdown of 5 second.
• Walk your hands back and roll up slowly to a seated position. Lean your body to one side and come to hands and knee
• In breath arch your back gently lift your head up, and exhale curl your body in.
On your next breath
• Tuck your toes under micro bend at the knee press your thighs up, driving your feet down and your hips to the sky for downward facing dog or Adho Mukha Svanasana
• Take a deep breaths here make sure knees are not locked out keeping slightly bent elbows. Feel into your body and make any minor adjustments shifting your weight to either leg
• Come back to neutral and ground at the feet, palms pressing down, stacking shoulders away from the ears.
• On you last in breath inch worm your feet to you hands and exhale
• Micro bend at the knee, inhale sink deeper to forward fold and exhale
• Inhale half lift
• Exhale foward fold
• Inhale half lift exhale
• Foward hold repeat for 4 more times
• Aand release place hands onto the mat walk or hop back to downward facing dog
• Press your palms downs and arms back Tighten the front of your thighs, press back in a v shape ground at your feet, while the heels of you feet point slight outward. It is ok if your feet do not touch all the way to the ground.
• Inhale raise your right leg back behind engaging your left quadriceps, keeping right toes to chin
• Push energy to the sole of your feet reach
• Exhale Bring leg back down raise your left leg back engage the front of your right quadriceps keeping your left toes to you chin
• Exhale back to downward facing dog
• Inhale raise your right leg back behind you keeping your toes to you chin hold
• Exhale Bring leg back down
• Downward facing dog inhale raise your left leg back keeping you toes to you chin hold breath hold.
• Release back to downward facing dog
• Follow your breath and walk feet to your hand
• Forward fold
• Half lift
• Forward fold
• Half lift
• Make sure there is micro bend at the knee on your next big breath release the arms giving both elbows a big hug.
• As you Breath sink deeper
• Hold for 15 countdown
• And release
• Slowly roll your body up where your shoulder and head are the last to raise, feet together and into Mountain Pose or Tadasana
• We will begin our Sun Salutation or Surya Namaskara (SOOR-yuh nah-muh-SKAR-uh) which will look like this:
Don’t worry if you don’t exceed perfectly, just focus on your body awareness. We will be doing a set of 10.
Tadasana inhale raise your arms above your head, exhale lower your body into Forward fold, inhale half lift, exhale step or hop back, lower your body down. Inhale cobra or Bhujangasana or updog, hold, Exhale downward facing dog. On your in breath, exhale, step or hop forward to forward fold. Inhale stand up sweep arms above your head
• Exhale lower your body, forward fold, inhale half lift, exhale step or hop back, lower your body down. Inhale cobra or updog, hold, Exhale downward dog. In breath, exhale step or hop forward, forward fold. Inhale stand up sweep arms above your head
• Repeat 9x
• Take a last cleansing breath micro bend at the knee big swooping circle into Mountain Pose
• Take deep breath step right leg back to 45 diagonal bending your front leg straight down to a lunge be sure your knee above your ankle keeping your hips squared, grounding your back foot laterally engaging the quadriceps
• Take deep breath reach both arms above your head sending energy through finger lifting from your chest exhale this is Warrior 1 or Virabhadrasana
• Take 5 more breaths here
• Inhale lean your upper body back for Proud Warrior exhale send your arms behind you for Humble warrior and do this for 3 breaths
• On your 4th breath from humble warrior shift your weight to front of your thigh pressing down and up and lifting your back leg to the sky bringing both of your arms in front for Virabhadrasana 3/ Warrior 3. Hold for a countdown of 20.
• Bring your leg back down straighten out leg
• foward fold breath half lift
• Switch legs take deep breath step left leg back to 45 diagonal bending your front leg straight down to a lunge be sure your knee above your ankle keeping your hips squared, grounding your right foot facing laterally reaching arms sending energy out your finger tip above your head
• Lift from your chest, Inhale lean your upper body back for Proud warrior exhale send your arms behind you for Humble warrior and for 3 breaths
• On your 4th from your humble warrior breath shift your weight to front of your left thigh pressing down and lifting your back leg to the sky bringing both of your arms in front for Virabhadrasana 3
• Bring your leg back down straighten out your leg hinging at the hip. Forward fold and tuck your palms of your hands under the bottom of your feet for Gorilla or Padahastasana
Take a last cleansing breath micro bend at the knee big swooping circle into Mountain Pose
• Place left foot to your either your right ankle, calf, or upper inner thigh avoiding the knee, where ever is most comfortable to Vrikshasana or Tree pose. Bringing you hands to prayer or any Mudra
• Hold for 20 seconds, release, Shake it out and switch legs hold for 20 seconds, release, shake it out.
• Step forward to
• Foward fold
• Half lift inhale exhale to
• Tadasana/ Mountain pose turn to your left widen your legs
• Hinge at the waist and Foward fold
• Walk your hands to right leg, then to left in front and behind hold each for countdown 10
• Breath into wide leg Half lift exhale to
• Wide leg Tadasana/ Mountain pose
• Keeping your left foot facing forward at 90 degress pivot right foot bend at the knee extending your arms out for Warrior 2
• Reach out through both finger tips deepen stretch keep grounded down at the sole of your feet down and out your toes while engaging the core
• Take a deep breath bring your right arm to your inner thigh. Swooping your left up through tilting your upper body to the right palms facing down look past your fingers for Baddha Konasana Side Angle Pose
• If you like to challenge yourself you can take a bind by lowering your chest bring your right arm behind and under your leg holding the other hand and peel away your shoulder to the sky.
• For those who want to go even further bend a bit at the knees bring back leg closer press down slightly and stand to bird of paradise/ Svarga Dvijasana
• Take a breath 5
• Unbind release or raise back up to Warrior 2
• In breath reach your right arm back to left leg sending your right arm back for peaceful warrior or Shanti Virabhadrasana.
• Exhale back to warrior 2
• Inhale reach your right arm back left arm fall to left leg to peaceful warrior or Shanti Virabhadrasana.
• Inhale pivot right foot back for wide leg Forward fold
• Hold 10 sec
• Half lift 10 sec
• Other side
• Keeping your right foot facing forward at 90 degress pivot left foot bend at the knee extending your arms out for Warrior 2
• Reach out through both finger tips deepen stretch keep grounded at the sole of your feet out to your toes engaging your core
• Take a deep breath reach and bring your left arm to your inner thigh. Swoop your right arm up and through, tilting your upper body to the left, with your palms facing down and gaze past your fingers for Baddha Konasana Side Angle Pose
• Same as before if you like to challenge yourself you can take a bind by lowering your chest grabbing left hand to the right hand from under and behind, peel away your shoulder to the sky. Go even further take this into birds of paradise
• Unbind release or raise back up to Warrior 2
• Inbreath reach your left arm back right arm fall to right leg to peaceful warrior
• Exhale Warrior 2
• Forward fold 20 secs
• Half lift 10 secs
• Breath back to Warrior 2
• Exhale Walk your hand to the right to chin or ankle. Reaching your fingertips behind you or on the ground find a gaze for Pyramid
• Stay here for count down of 8
• Inhale slowly lower arms rise exhale foward fold
• Walk your hand to the left chin or ankle. Reaching your fingertips behind your back or to the ground your find a gaze for Pyramid
• Stay here breath for count down of 8 release arms and
• Release center foward hold
•Inhale slowly rise up by slight knees bent hinge at the waist come up to Mountain pose facing to the front.
• Inhale arms up exhale downward facing down
• Inhale lower body down
• Exhale to cobra or up dog
• Take a breath exhale downward facing dog
• Inhale hop or step forward
• Inhale half left exhale bend knees sink into chair or squat and breath
• Hold for countdown 20
• Come up drop arms
• Inhale sink down to chair
• Hold countdown 20
• Exhale release
• Come up Mountain pose
•Deep breath foward fold hop or step back Downward dog
• Lift your right leg up bending the right knee extending the right hip back to wild thing or Camatkarasana hold for a countdown of 20
• Breath bring leg back and
• Sweep your right foot in and over to left hip lowering your body and relaxing into pigeon or Kapotasana
• Lean your body forward take deep breath left your body up bend back knee
• An if you like to deep the stretch reach both or left hand grab you foot for behind into King Pigeon or Raja Kapotasana
• Exhale release legs
• Back to down dog and other side
• Lift your left leg up bending the left knee extending the left hip back to Wild Thing hold for a countdown of 20 breath come back to neutral extend left leg
• Breath and bring left leg up into your body sweeping your left foot up over into right hip relax to pigeon
• Take deep breath lift your body up bend back knee and if you like reach both hands grab or the left hand to the back of the left foot to King Pigeon
• Exhale release legs back to downward dog
• Bend both knees
• Following your breath for reverse 5 cat/cows
• On your last breath sink your hips to heels to child pose
• Breath hold for countdown of 20, come back to hands and knees take a breath and
• Thread your right hand to left side for 5 breathes and switch for 5 more breaths
• Back to hands and knees roll up to kneeling or Vajrasana
• Bring both you hand back behind you lift your chest and sending your hips forward, fingers facing behind, breath gaze up, for camal. You can also lean back placing hand at your waist
• hold for countdown of 20
• Neutral release arms
• Extend left leg out Swooping your right arm like a big rainbow over to the left leg
• Come Back to hands and knees
• Extend right leg out Swooping your left arm like a big rainbow over to left leg breath
• Back to hands and knees
• Inhale Lift right leg and right arm, toes to chin engage knees exhale bend and bring in arm and knee in for Dandayamana Bharmanasana or bird dog
• Inhale Lift right leg and right arm, toes to chin engage knees exhale bend and bring in arm and knee in
• Repeat 2 more time
• Release to hands and knee inhale
• Inhale Lift left leg and left arm, toes to chin engage knees exhale bend and bring in arm and knee
• Repeat for three more breath
• Lift right leg back point toes bend knee, exhale lift chest reaching your right arm to the outside of right foot for kneeling dancer or Nataraj Asana. Balance and keep core and quadriceps engaged.
• Hold count down of 20 sec
• Take another breath release to hand knees. Other side
• Lift left leg back point toes bend knee, breath lift chest reaching left arm to the outside of right foot Balance and keep core and quadricep engaged.
• Hold for countdown of 20 sec
• Take breath release come up to hands and knees to a seated position
• Sit wide legged inhale, exhale lean upperbody foward bend reach finger tips down and foward. Breath Hold 20 sec countdown
• Exhale come back up
• Bring both leg together sit nice and tall inhale reach upperbody foward exhale touch knees chin or toes
• Hold countdown 20
• Breath slowly raise body up
• Inhale bend right knee placing right foot to inner left hip crease exhale reach upper body foward reaching left peace fingers to big toe binding right hand behind your back to right foot to half lotus or Padmasana
• Hold breath countdown 10 sec. Breath come back up release
• Switch legs, inhale bend left knee placing left foot to inner right hip crease exhale reach upper body foward reaching right peace fingers to big toe binding left hand behind your back to left foot, hold, breath, 10 secs breath come back up
• Straighten out legs in front of you Inhale
• Exhale bend your knees hug your knees
• Inhale, Exhale release legs
• Balancing on sit bones to Paripurna Navasana boat pose
• Hold breath 10 tiny pulsing sit ups
• On your last breath hug in knees
• Take a breath and rolly polly on you back 10 times
• On your last roll
• Breath hug knees to chest and release bent knees to ground
• Breath bend right knee crossing over to left knee into figure 4
• Bend left knee and up hugging left quadriceps
• Take a breath release legs
• Lay on the right side to start Vishnique couch or Anantasana
• Rest your head on your upper arm.
• Inhale bend your right arm and lift your head. Exhale Bring your right hand to cup and support your head with the fingers pointing toward your chin. Flex both feet. Keep them engaged Gently breath hold your whole body in one line from elbow to heels.
• Breath bend your left knee and take hold of the big toe with your left hand into a peace toe lock.
• Straighten and reach your right leg toward the sky
• Maintain balance
• Hold for of 10 sec
• Release your toe and roll to left side
• Exhale Rest your head on your upper arm.
• Inhale Bend your left arm and lift your head. Exhale Bring your left hand to cup and support your head with the fingers pointing toward your chin. Keep both feet grounded. Gently breath hold your whole body in one line from elbow to heels.
• Breath bend your left knee and take hold of the big toe with left hand into a peace toe lock.
• Straighten and reach your left leg toward the sky
• Maintain balance
• Hold for of 10 sec
• Breath and release lower down roll on to your stomach
• Come up to Table Top
• Sink your lower body back to heels of your feet into Child pose or Balasana relaxing the arms in front of you or down to your side
• Take 5 deep breaths on your last breath back to hands and knees
• Walk your hands out hips over the knees for Puppy or Uttana Shishosana
• Hold breath for countdown 20 secs
• Lower upperbody down arms above your head engaging the core lift both arm and legs to Super Yogi
• Breath hold for countdown 10 secs release
• Again engaging the core lift both arm and legs to Super Yogi keep breathing reach high release
• Breath last one lift Super Yogi
• Hold countdown of 5
• Still lifted Bring arms to your side for canoe
• Hold 5 countdown inhale and release
• Rock your legs side to side like windshield whiper
• Inhale table top
• Exhale child pose
• Inhale roll your body up and back and lay on your back
• Bend your right knees and put the soles of your right feet over to midline of your left side of the floor going into Spinal Twist Supta Matsyendrasana . You right leg is now stacked on top of your left hip.
• If you like you can hook your right foot behind your left knee.
• Open your right arm to the right, keeping it in line with your shoulders. Rest your left hand on your right knee or extend it to make a T shape with the arms. Turn your palms toward the sky. Turn your head to the right, resting over your shoulder to your right fingertips.
• Hold 10 breaths.
• And switch sides
• Cross your left knee over your midline to the ground on the right side of your body. Your left hip is now stacked on top of your right hip.
• If you like you can hook your right foot behind your right knee.
• Open your left arm to the left, keeping it in line with your shoulders. Rest your right hand on your left knee or extend it to make a T shape with the arms. Turn your palms toward the sky. Turn your head to the leftt, resting over your shoulder to your right fingertips.
• On your exhalations, release your right knee and your left shoulder toward the ground.
• Hold 10 breaths.
• Inhale and roll onto your back, exhale
• Lift both legs up and wide grab your big to either peace finger into Happy baby pose, rock relax breath and release legs back down
• Relax you knees out to butterfly or inward for day dreamer take 5 easy breaths on your last breath slowly relax you legs down and out in front of you
• Bring your arms above your head big stretch from toes to fingers
• On an inhale raise both of your legs up to sky and back exhale to Plow or Halasana use your hands under hip to guide you back you play around here with your legs bending one leg to Stag bend both knees whatever feels comfortable
• On your next breath lower your legs slowly rolling down to the ground
• To Shavasana
Optional Cool Down Option
Take 4 deep cleansing breaths
Creating Prana or life force which aids release of toxin or stuck energy through oxygenation of blood lets create self awareness our soul and heart.
Close your eyes and you focus on your intent and guided wisdom to your mind body. Begin meditation
15 to 30 min mediation
Take slow deep breath bring your awareness to the space, the light in me honors the light in you.